Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday 17th

It's a Wednesday just like last week, and the week before that, and the week before that. Nothing special, just another day. I'll take that as a good thing since I'm not stressing out more or less than any other day this last month or so. Valentine's day went as well as could be expected, I think I did okay. We saw a movie, had dinner, nothing really outstanding. It was better than some, not as good as others... but it was calm and nobody got their feathers ruffled... so I'll call it a success.

I'm resigned that at least for awhile this is how life is going to play out... I work, I pay bills, I do my workout, I watch what I eat, I live another day.

I am in what you would call a "holding pattern" for awhile. My soon-to-be-ex-wife was served her divorce papers, and I am waiting on my tax paperwork to see if I get anything back or if I owe a king's ransom. It can go either way... I have no clue. I set up things as best as I could considering that I was put in a situation where I pretty much lost everything I had, my home, my retirement, and my respect for myself. If I withheld enough tax I should be okay... if not, things will get very tight very quickly... I will be glad once I know for sure... the not knowing is difficult on me.

Now it's damage control and an attempt to move forward. Time will tell I suppose... I will see if the choices I made this time around are better than those I made in the past... and I will see if I can still make something of this life before it ends.

I remain hopeful... but cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment