Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Houston Rodeo and Mutton Bustin' Time

I was able to get to Houston this weekend to visit my grandkids and my daughter Rebecca who just finished up from doing a movie shoot. We all got together at Rick and Terryann's to see the Houston Rodeo. The main event for us is the Mutton Bustin' which if you ever have seen the cowboys riding a wild horse, is a scaled-down version for kids 4 to 6 years old. Instead of using a horse, they use sheep (Mutton) which is a lot of fun, and can get pretty funny sometimes. My grandkids, Colby (6) and Josh (5) were both riding this year... so I just had to be there.




I had to let you all know that Terryann acted as co-producer on this video... it was fun to put it together and I hope you really enjoy it! The next day Rebecca informed us that she had an ultrasound scheduled... so we went with her on that... the new technology is called "4D" and makes a live 3D image from the data... it's pretty impressive. In this short video... you can see that some kids develop bad habits even before they are born.




We all had a good laugh when we saw that part... so I decided to share. The baby is doing great and should be born this July. The timing works out well... Rebecca has another movie role at the end of July, so she should be back in form by that time. They are shooting the trailers now... with baggy clothing... so it's all good.

I'm in Baltimore for another couple of weeks... the Cherry Blossoms are about ready to bloom... so I may have some video on that soon.

The following video is not mine... but i like his style. I want to save up the $600 in order to get Sony Vegas Video Pro so I can do all sorts of special effects like that. Currently I have the basic $50 version which has a few neat effects... but not quite the vast number of the Pro version. Anyway... check it out, the producer did a really interesting and creative video.



If you like his video... you should check out his video page... he gets a bit wild... but I like his style. ODDBALL's Video Page


Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment